- Best Sliding Shower Door Reviews (Updated List)
- 1. VIGO Elan Frameless Sliding Shower Door
- 2. Enigma-X Fully Frameless Shower Door
- 3. DreamLine Infinity-Z Frameless Sliding Shower Door
- 4. Aston Frameless Sliding Shower Door
- 5. SUNNY SHOWER BP05P2 Frameless Sliding Shower Doors
- 6. VIGO Pirouette Frameless Shower Door
- 7. DreamLine Mirage Frameless Sliding Shower Door
- Sliding Shower Door Buying Guide – Things to Consider
- How to Install a Sliding Shower Door
- Best Sliding Shower Door Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
When you are installing a shower, you should always ensure that the rest of your bathroom would be protected from water that manages to get diverted out of the showering area. Whether you are showering in a shower enclosure or a bath, you will need some sort of preventative screen to catch the water and divert it towards the shower drain. These protective screens are shower doors and you can purchase all kinds of different ones.
Check out these sliding shower door reviews to find the best one for your needs. We’ve even included a helpful buying guide which will help you to think of all the things you need to think about in order to find the best sliding shower door for your bathroom. Although there are many other shower doors on the market, this list features some of the best ones around and there is something available for every budget.
VIGO Elan Frameless Sliding Shower Door
|View On Amazon|
Enigma-X Fully Frameless Shower Door
|View On Amazon|
DreamLine Infinity-Z Frameless Sliding Shower Door
|View On Amazon|
Aston Frameless Sliding Shower Door
|View On Amazon|
SUNNY SHOWER BP05P2 Frameless Sliding Shower Doors
|View On Amazon|
VIGO Pirouette Frameless Shower Door
|View On Amazon|
Best Sliding Shower Door Reviews (Updated List)
1. VIGO Elan Frameless Sliding Shower Door
If you’re looking for the best sliding shower door for your bathroom, then look no further than the VIGO Elan sliding shower door. This door is just under 74 inches in height and it is adjustable from 56 inches to 60 inches wide. It has chrome finished hardware to give it an elegant and sophisticated look. You can also install this sliding shower door to out of plumb walls, as the bracket is able to be altered to accommodate this.
It does not matter whether you want to install this shower door to the left or right-hand wall, as the shower door is completely reversible. You can be sure that this shower door will open and close smoothly and that it can be opened and closed by all users in your household as it comes with specially engineered rollers. There is also top rail support with this shower door to give you additional safety.
This sliding glass door has been pre-drilled to enable you to use the door handle that is supplied with this door. The handle is not intrusive on the design or appearance of the door and it will help you to open and close the shower door with ease.
When the water hits the shower door, it will be diverted into the inside of the shower instead of your bathroom floor thanks to a single water deflector that is built into the design of the door. The tempered glass that this item is made from will ensure that the door will remain reliable and safe for your whole family to use.
2. Enigma-X Fully Frameless Shower Door
This Enigma shower door is a high-quality door that you can rely on when you install it in your bathroom. The 10mm thick glass is completely safe to use as the glass is tempered and is ANSI certified. You should be aware however that this model of shower door does not have any adjustment available for width or uneven walls so you should check your measurements carefully before you make your purchase.
The design of this door is completely frameless. This will give you an open and spacious feeling when you are in the shower. You can also be sure that this shower door is really easy to clean too. The ClearMax protective coating on this door ensures that limescale cannot build upon it.
This shower door will bring style and elegance to your bathroom, and you won’t feel as though you are being boxed in when you are in the shower. You can enjoy the highest quality and you can be sure that you and your family will be safe when you are using this shower door as it has been made with the toughest of glass. Thanks to a large wheel on this shower door, it can offer smooth sliding so that it can be operated with ease by anyone in your household.
As this shower door is reversible, it is suitable for any shower room regardless of whether you need a left or right-hand installation. This gives you less to worry about when you are placing your order.
3. DreamLine Infinity-Z Frameless Sliding Shower Door
The DreamLine Infinity sliding shower door is one that offers you one of the most classic styles around, but you will appreciate the modern touches that this shower door provides. You can choose from different glass options and finishes and this will ensure that you can match the shower door to your existing bathroom.
It is recommended that this shower door is installed professionally so that you can get the best possible fit. This shower door can be adjusted to fit a width of between 56 inches and 60 inches. It is 72 inches high. You are able to trim the guide rails that come with this shower door by up to 4 inches to suit the width of your shower space and you can also adjust the bracket by up to 1 inch to allow for out of plumb walls.
The glass that is featured in this sliding shower door is made from a thick ANSI certified glass that has been tempered to provide proper safety whilst you are using the shower. The finish of the accessories that are included with this glass door is an elegant brushed nickel.
It is recommended that you measure your shower area once it has been decorated so that you know exactly how much space you have. You should also measure twice just to be sure that your measurements are accurate. You can purchase a slimline base for this shower door separately.
This sliding shower door comes with a limited 5-year warranty from the manufacturer that will protect this shower door against manufacturer’s defects.
4. Aston Frameless Sliding Shower Door
This modern sliding shower door from Aston will ensure that you have a solution that is easy to use for your whole family. The modern four-wheel roller system ensures that you can easily open and close this door. The 10 mm thickness clear, tempered safety glass is ANSI certified. You can have complete peace of mind whilst your whole family benefits from this shower door. You can be sure that this shower door is easy to keep clean, as it comes with elegant stainless steel hardware. Not only does this complement any bathroom décor, but it also will ensure that no mineral deposits cannot build upon their hardware, keeping your shower door looking better for longer.
This sliding shower door is supported and anchored at the top using a stylish round top support bar. This keeps the shower door stable to avoid any accidents. The opening is not adjustable, so you will need to ensure that it will fit perfectly in your bathroom.
You do not need to worry about whether you want to install this shower door on our left or right-hand wall, as it is reversible. This shower door has full-length clear seals. These seals ensure that leaks are prevented.
This is a stunning frameless sliding shower door that will look great in your bathroom. You can buy with confidence from Aston, knowing that this is a manufacturer that consistently produces high-quality bathroom products that live up to the customer’s expectations.
5. SUNNY SHOWER BP05P2 Frameless Sliding Shower Doors
The Sunny Shower BP05P2 Sliding Door set will indeed bring the sun to your bathroom. The incredible thing about a frameless sliding door is that it does not stop the light from protruding the shower room. This means that the space of your bathroom will feel ample and bright. Moreover, the stylish design of the doors gives the whole place a tone of modernity.
This set of sliding doors is made from high-quality tempered glass. It requires minimum maintenance to remain clean. This material is also quite sturdy and thick (3/8”). Thus it endures heavy-duty exploitation. Note that only side of the door slides. The other one serves to keep the construction stable. The pulleys are designed to open and close smoothly. You will effortlessly work with the sliding door. This is possible thanks to the practical handle on the movable part of the door set. Every part of the set is waterproof and rust-resistant.
The size of these shower doors is 64″ in width and 72″ in height. All the hardware you will need for the installation is included in the box. However, there are a couple of negative sides to this product you need to be informed of. Firstly, the doors are quite heavy, and they require the strength of two people who can mount them. The other issue is that the instructions are not clear enough. We recommend that you watch some videos on YouTube to make things easier.
Apart from the installation obstacles, this set of sliding shower doors will serve you perfectly well. What is even better is that it comes at a great price.
6. VIGO Pirouette Frameless Shower Door
The VIGO pirouette frameless shower door is one of the largest that you can buy. The door features glass supports, which can be adjusted to accommodate for any out of plumber walls. This will ensure that your doors can be installed properly to avoid any leaks. The glass supports are finished in chrome to give your sliding shower door that elegant look. It is certain to fit into most modern bathroom designs.
The stainless steel construction of the hardware that comes with this sliding shower door means that you will be able to keep the shower door clean, and this offers you complete durability. VIGO offers you a full guarantee to ensure that this hardware will never rust.
This sliding shower door comes with everything that you need to ensure a completely luxurious experience. Our reversible tower door can be mounted on the pre-drilled glass. It also comes with two elegant glass shelves. The integrated shower handle and towel rails can it be installed on either is inside for the outside of the shower depending on your preference.
When you are using this sliding shower door, you do not need to worry about any water escaping and ending up on the bathroom floor. A single water deflector ensures that any water that hits the store is redirected straight to the inside of the shower. You will have far less cleaning up to do after you have used the shower.
This is a stunning sliding shower door that is sure to impress your guests as well as being a functional and essential item for your shower enclosure.
7. DreamLine Mirage Frameless Sliding Shower Door
If you want a larger sliding shower door that is adjustable and frameless, you should check out this DreamLine Mirage frameless sliding shower door. The elegant glass design features no frame, which means that you can have the classic and elegant look that you want. The brackets and other hardware are finished in brushed nickel to give a modern and sophisticated walk.
This sliding shower door consists of the door itself, and an additional station panel. The whole design is fully frameless. This gives you an open and spacious feeling whilst you are using the shower.
You should take note that this shower door does not have an option for out of plumb walls. If you believe that your walls are not particularly straight, this sliding shower door is probably not for you.
You can adjust the width of this sliding shower door. It is 44 inches to 48 inches wide depending on the weight of the configuration of your bathroom. It is 72 inches tall and when you purchase this sliding shower door, you do not need to worry about the layout of your bathroom. This sliding shower door is reversible so that it can suit left or right-hand wall installation. You should ensure that you hire a professional to install this shower door so that you can get the best possible finish and look.
This sliding shower door has a support arm. This ensures that the door can be anchored securely to the wall. This also improves the stability of the door. In addition, this shower door comes with an anodized aluminum bottom guide rail. This guide rail can be trimmed by up to 4 inches to allow for the size of your door configuration.
Sliding Shower Door Buying Guide – Things to Consider
Before you buy your sliding shower door, there are some things that you need to consider. Not all sliding doors are suitable for every customer. You should not only think about the lock of the door but check out this sliding shower door buying guide to find out the other things that you should bear in mind.
You will quickly notice that there are plenty of different door styles to choose from. Depending on their way out of your bathroom, not all of them are likely to fit.
- Framed vs. frameless – Some shower doors come with a frame, whilst others come without. The shower doors that have a frame usually have thinner glass as the structure is supported more by the frame. The frames are usually made from metal and have the finish that is designed to match the bathroom faucets and other hardware. Frameless versions, on the other hand, look far more modern and are easier to clean. No frame means that there is nowhere for mineral deposits, soap or dirt to collect, which also makes your sliding shower door can be far more hygienic. Frameless doors are usually more expensive than doors with a frame. This is because they are designed to fit using thicker and treated glass panels. The thicker glass is designed to make up for the lack of a frame.
- Neo-angle – these kinds of door fit into the corner of your bathroom. There is only one door on these types of the shower door and they usually swing or pivot in order to open and close.
- Sliding – A sliding shower door is usually one of the best choices if the bathroom is too small or if the layout does not allow the door to swing open. These doors comprise of glass panels that are anchored to a track. They are able to freely slide along the track using rollers.
You should choose your glass carefully when you are looking for a sliding shower door for your needs. It is important that your glass shower door is made of glass that has been tempered. This kind of glass is designed to be stronger than other kinds of glass and if an accident should happen to cause it to break, it will shatter into small pieces that are rounded so that the glass has the minimal chance to cause injury.
You can choose from different colors and designs of glass panel for your sliding shower door. Some of the options include patterned, seeded, frosted or clear. Some people like to choose frosted glass as this gives them privacy whilst they are using the shower.
It should be noted that tempered glass has a slightly green tint to it. Whilst it will probably not bother you, there is an alternative. Low-iron glass will ensure that the tint is not as visible, but you should make sure that this is something that is really important to you, as it can double the cost of your shower door.
Hardware And Finish
Even if you have chosen a frameless sliding shower door, you should remember that there is still going to be some hardware included. This hardware is necessary and includes the bracket that holds the doors in place, the runner, and the handles. You can choose different hardware finishes in most cases, so you should make sure that your hardware would match the other hardware in your bathroom, for example, your showerhead and faucets.
When you are measuring up for your sliding shower door, you should make sure that you do so after you have installed your tiles and finished decorating. Tiles can add width to your walls, creating a significant difference in the width of the door that you need.
Some sliding shower doors can be adjusted to suit irregularly sized openings. These are ideal choices, as they will ensure that you can get a perfect fit. You can cut the runner to match the width of the shower door.
You should take measurements at the top and bottom of the space for your shower and use a plumb line to check that your walls are completely straight. If you notice that there is a little difference in the width at the top and bottom of the shower, or that the plumb line shows that your walls are out of plumb, you should choose a sliding shower door that has an adjustable bracket. These can usually be adjusted by up to an inch to allow for wobbly walls.
Remember to take note of which wall you want to install the sliding shower door too. Whilst some sliding shower doors are configured to be either left or right hand only, there are plenty of others that have a reversible design to make the door suitable for both.
Sliding shower doors can come with various features to improve your showering experience.
- Water deflector – So that the water stays in the shower enclosure, some shower doors go a little step further. A water deflector ensures that any water that hits the shower door is quickly and efficiently deflected back into the shower enclosure. This means that there’s no water on your bathroom floor when you get out of the shower.
- Towel Rails – For complete convenience when you are showering, why not choose a sliding shower door that comes with a towel rail that you can drape your towels over. When you’re getting ready to shower, you can cover up with a towel, and when you get in the shower, you’ll have somewhere to drape it. Once you’re done, you’ll be able to grab your towel and dry off. Some shower doors are made so that the towel can only do on one side of the door whilst others give you the option to choose.
- Shelves – When you are in the shower, it is really useful to have somewhere to put your toiletries. There’s nothing worse than trying to balance your shampoo and shower gel on the rim of the shower base and then trying to avoid tripping on it when it slides onto the shower floor. You could choose a sliding shower door that comes with shelves so that your toiletries can finally be stored somewhere safe. Some of the deals also include shower panel systems.
How to Install a Sliding Shower Door
- Measure the space for the door
- Buy the shower door that you want and make sure that you buy a fixing kit with it if it does not include one.
- Assemble the tracks and the frame if there is one. You should mark where the track would go so that you know where to place your bead of sealant.
- Put some silicone sealant on the threshold of the shower base where you marked the location of the track.
- Add the lower track and press it well into the sealant.
- Hold the brackets in place and make marks on the tiles where the screw holes are. Drill holes where these marks are. Make sure that you use tape over the tiles before you proceed so that your tile does not crack.
- Use plastic wall anchors, which are hammered into the drilled holes. Then screw the frame to the wall.
- Add the track and the seal if there is one.
- Now you can lift the glass into place. Ensure that the glass is firmly on the track and that you can easily open and close the door by sliding it along the runner. You will probably need to install the rollers after the glass has bee put in place so it is advisable to ensure that another person is nearby who can hold the glass steady whilst you do this.
- You should always remember to consult the instruction manual before you install sliding shower doors for yourself. This is a task that should only be completed by someone who is competent enough to do so. If you do not feel confident enough to do this yourself, you should hire someone to fit the door for you.
Best Sliding Shower Door Comparison Chart
|ENIGMA-X 56 TO 60 IN. FULLY FRAMELESS SHOWER DOOR||$$||Tempered Glass, Stainless Steel||190 pounds||0.4 x 60 x 76 inches|
|VIGO ELAN 56 TO 60-IN. FRAMELESS SLIDING SHOWER DOOR||$$$||Tempered Glass, Stainless Steel||244 pounds||79 x 35 x 13 inches|
|DREAMLINE INFINITY-Z 56 TO 60″ FRAMELESS SLIDING SHOWER DOOR||$||Tempered Glass, Aluminum||122 pounds||0.2 x 60 x 72 inches|
|ASTON SDR978-SS-60-10 60″ FRAMELESS SLIDING SHOWER DOOR||$$$||Tempered Glass, Stainless Steel||255 pounds||60 x 32 x 75 inches|
|DREAMLINE MIRAGE 44 TO 48″ FRAMELESS SLIDING SHOWER DOOR||$||Tempered Glass, Aluminum, Brass||143 pounds||0.4 x 48 x 72 inches|
|VIGO PIROUETTE 48 TO 54-IN. FRAMELESS SHOWER DOOR||$$||Tempered Glass, Stainless Steel||174 pounds||78 x 40 x 18 inches|
Sliding shower doors are an essential piece of your bathroom’s furnishings. If you don’t want to end up with water all over the floor each time you shower, finding the best sliding shower door is a good investment. If you are renovating your bathroom you might want to check pickatoilet.com too.
We hope that these sliding shower door reviews have helped you to come up with some good ideas and our buying guide should have given you some useful points to consider.
Remember that sliding shower doors are heavy and they are made of glass, so if you want to install one yourself, you should make sure that you take the relevant precautions before you begin. Take time to read the instructions and ensure that you have someone to help you to put the shower door in place. If the shower door that you choose has particularly difficult to follow instructions or if the door is larger than you expected it might be, you should contact a professional so that you can be sure that your door will be fitted properly.