- Best Infrared Sauna Reviews (Updated List)
- Infrared Sauna Buying Guide
- Infrared Sauna Benefits and Drawbacks
- Infrared Sauna Installation
- Best Infrared Sauna Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Saunas have been beneficial for the user’s health for many years, but until recent years, it was only steam saunas that were a possibility. Since the advancement of heating technology, however, these days, you can find plenty of infrared saunas on the market for commercial and residential use alike. Infrared is a great alternative to steam showers as you can enjoy instant heat rather than needing to wait until the system heats up, which saves energy and time. Just like a steam sauna, infrared saunas are extremely beneficial for your health.
Check out these infrared sauna reviews and the buying guide to find out what is available on the market and how you could benefit from one of these great bathroom appliances. You’ll be able to find the best infrared sauna for your needs below and some of these even come with everything that you need to fully set up the sauna so you can be using it as soon as possible.
Hemlock Deluxe Infrared Sauna
|View On Amazon|
JNH Lifestyles ENSI Collection Infrared Sauna
|View On Amazon|
BetterLife Carbon Infrared Sauna
|View On Amazon|
JNH Lifestyles Joyous Carbon Fiber Heaters
|View On Amazon|
DYNAMIC SAUNAS Dynamic “Venice” 2-person Infrared Sauna
|View On Amazon|
Best Infrared Sauna Reviews (Updated List)
1. Hemlock Deluxe Infrared SaunaIf you’re looking for a high-quality infrared sauna that is easy to set up and use, look no further than this 2-Person Hemlock Deluxe Infrared Sauna. It is made from high quality and solid hemlock timber to insulate the heat perfectly. It can also be set up in no time thanks to the basic buckle assembly.
There are two led computer control panels integrated into this sauna enclosure – one on the outside and one on the inside. You can easily control the temperature and the timer on this infrared sauna regardless of whether you are in it or not.
A high-quality sound system allows you to listen to anything you like whilst you are in the sauna. With a CD player, an AUX connection and a radio, you’ll be able to have complete freedom of choice when it comes to choosing your playlist. The sound has great clarity thanks to the built-in high-quality speakers.
To provide ambient light in the sauna, it comes with Chromatherapy lighting and there is also an exterior light to provide additional light when you need it. For convenience, there are towel and magazine racks in the sauna enclosure. You can be as comfortable as possible thanks to the backrests and the glass is tinted for privacy.
With a 1-year warranty on the radio and 5-year warranty on the rest of the sauna unit, you can be sure that this infrared sauna is built to last. If you buy this today, you could be enjoying a relaxing and beneficial infrared sauna experience in no time.
2. JNH Lifestyles ENSI Collection Infrared SaunaThis Lifestyles NE2HB1 infrared sauna features some of the latest technology in order to bring you the only zero EMF heater that has been officially tested and certified by Intertek. This infrared heater features 7 high-quality carbon fiber far infrared heater panels. The panels are placed strategically around the sauna enclosure to provide the optimum heat for the best performance.
The sauna enclosure itself is made from double-layered Canadian hemlock. This solid material is 100% timber and has no added chemicals and no plywood either. You can enjoy the best possible insulation, keeping all heat inside the sauna to ensure that it is as energy-efficient as possible.
Whilst you are in the infrared sauna, you will be able to make use of the LED digital control panel that offers you the ability to control the duration of your time in the sauna as well as the operating temperature.
Whilst you are spending time in this infrared sauna, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite music, thanks to the AUX input jack that is built into the sauna. A volume rocker allows you to easily adjust the level of the sound and you can enjoy crystal clear sound quality due to the 2 high-quality speakers that come with this system.
This is a high-quality sauna system that will last you for a long time. A limited lifetime warranty ensures that any manufacturer’s faults will be taken care of so that you can have complete peace of mind with your purchase.
3. BetterLife Carbon Infrared SaunaThis large infrared sauna with enclosure is large enough to be used by two people at the same time. It is easy to use and offers great value for money. You won’t need to hire a professional to install this infrared sauna for you as it can be installed in under 45 minutes using the instructions that are provided.
The 8 carbon FAR infrared panels are positioned carefully around the sauna to ensure even dispersion of heat so that you can enjoy optimum effects no matter where you sit in the sauna.
If you want to listen to music whilst you are relaxing in the sauna, you can take advantage of the AUX connection that is built into the enclosure. You will be able to enjoy the high-quality sound output from the premium speakers that are included. There is also a radio that is integrated into this infrared sauna system.
You will be able to enjoy improved health by having a strengthened immune system and better blood circulation. You will also have better skin, as the temperature of the sauna will remove any impurities and toxins in your skin.
As this sauna only requires a standard plug socket in order to work and requires no water, you can install this infrared sauna anywhere in your home.
A 7-year limited warranty is offered against the heating elements and all electrical parts in the sauna. You will also get a 3-year limited warranty against the wooden enclosure. There is a further 1-year warranty on the inbuilt radio.
4. JNH Lifestyles Joyous Carbon Fiber HeatersFor a spacious and large capacity infrared sauna, check you the JNH Lifestyles Joyous 3 Person Canadian Hemlock Wood infrared sauna. 8 carbon fiber infrared heater panels ensure that you get plenty of heat in this sauna. They are placed at the back, sides and low down near the calves to ensure that your whole body can be warmed up simultaneously.
To ensure the best possible heat insulation, the enclosure is made from double layer Canadian hemlock timber. This solid timber construction ensures that you can enjoy the best possible quality and durability without losing any heat from the enclosure either. The timber enclosure also looks great.
The enclosure is made to simply slot together. No tools are needed, and the simple construction means that it is also easy to take down if you want to store it or move it to another location with ease. This is one of the only saunas on the market to offer tool-free assembly, which will certainly save you time and the expense of needing to hire a professional to construct it for you.
Listen to your favorite music whilst you are relaxing in your infrared sauna using the useful AUX connector that is integrated into the design of this unit. The sound will be crystal clear through the dual speaker system that comes with this product. You can also control the unit easily with the use of the digital controller. Control the temperature and the timer function of the sauna with simple touch controls. The enclosure is well lit using long-life LED lighting.
5. DYNAMIC SAUNAS Dynamic “Venice” 2-person Infrared Sauna
Whether you are a fitness-holder or a fan of home therapy, the Dynamic “Venice” Sauna will quickly manage to get under your skin, both literally and metaphorically. It functions powerfully enough for the heat to enter into contact with your skin.
The unit operates at up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and offers enough space for two people to enjoy the effects of infrared heat. Although it quickly provides a substantial amount of heat, the unit is delicate. The lights inside are soft, and there are no hard chemicals used. It works based on a plug and carbon panels.
The carbon panels are vital because they distribute the heat evenly around the room. A significant advantage of this material is that you will not need to replace the panels. This heat I held in thanks to the wood natural reforested Canadian hemlock construction. The walls are thick and wide both on the interior and the exterior. They ensure that your room heats up quickly and that you waste less energy throughout the process.
Rest assured that the installation of your sauna will not take too much time. Wiring is not anything new or complicated, and you are allowed a wide range of mounting options: carpets, basement, garage, closet, etc. Note that sauna construction is also quite delicate and small. You need to be careful when moving it as it is quite fragile.
Once you are done installing the room, you can wait for the heat to enter the room. After that, all you need to do is sit down, relax, and even listen to some calming music through the built-in speakers.
6. Lifesmart Infra Color Ultimate SaunaThis 2-person sauna from Lifesmart is a great infrared sauna that can offer you a luxurious and relaxing heat therapy experience with plenty of additional features. It is high quality and is built to last.
One person could use this infrared sauna to enjoy a spacious and relaxing experience. It is also large enough to allow 2 people to enjoy the infrared sauna together. The heating panels are made from a combination of ceramic and carbon fiber. This ensures that the heat is distributed evenly for effective therapy for the user with detoxification benefits too. There is an additional heater for the foot to allow you to enjoy the ultimate infrared reflexology experience too.
The Infra-color mood lighting system allows you to use relaxing Chromatherapy lighting to really unwind after a stressful day. You can easily change the colors of the lights to your liking using the included remote controller switch.
To enjoy some soothing and relaxing music, there is an MP3 AUX hookup point so that you can play your favorite playlist through the high-quality integrated speakers. The built-in preamp allows you to alter the volume easily.
The enclosure itself is ideal for using anywhere indoors. You could even install it on a carpeted floor safely if you wish. Unlike most other infrared saunas that only have a front glass door, this one has glass to the sides too so that you don’t feel closed in. The glass is still tinted for your privacy and to retain as much of the heat as possible.
Infrared Sauna Buying Guide
If you are considering purchasing an infrared sauna, you should ensure that you read many reviews, such as these infrared sauna reviews, to ensure that you have chosen from a good selection. You should also keep in mind that there are some considerations that you need to make in order to make the best decision.
Read this buying guide to find out how to select the best possible infrared sauna for your needs.
Before you do anything, you need to think about where you will be installing the infrared sauna. You don’t need to install the sauna in your bathroom – in fact, this may not be the best place for it anyway as the sauna requires an electrical socket to be plugged into.
You could install an infrared sauna into your living room, basement or loft and as long as you choose a level floor, you will be able to install it on a carpet in most cases if you wish.
Remember that, infrared saunas are large. They need to be in order for you to be able to sit and spend lengths of time without feeling claustrophobic. If you want more than one person to be able to use the infrared sauna at the same time, the floor space required will be even larger. Infrared sauna enclosures are also made to be specific heights too, so you will need to ensure that the ceiling isn’t too low in the room where you wish to install it.
Number Of Infrared Panels And Construction
When you use the infrared sauna, you will want to ensure that you will get the maximum benefit from the heat provided. In order to have well-spread heat in the sauna, a number of infrared panels should be used and they should be positioned strategically to direct heat towards the user.
Saunas that are made for more than one person usually have more panels. These panels should be positioned to the back, sides and ideally beneath the seat to target the calves. There are some saunas that even offer heat panels for the feet so that you can enjoy warming reflexology.
6-8 infrared panels are the number that you should look out for to ensure that there will be enough heat in the sauna. If there are more panels, then it’s likely that the sauna will be even more effective.
The panels will usually be made from carbon fiber. These are lightweight and effective at dispersing heat evenly. Ceramic with carbon fiber can be found in some of the most luxurious models.
Infrared saunas come with controls so that you can alter the timing of the sauna and the temperature. For added convenience, some come with digital control panels that are integrated into the exterior and interior. Other models have either interior or exterior controls. For the ultimate convenience whilst you are in the infrared sauna, you could even choose one that comes with remote controls so that you don’t even need to leave your seat in order to change the settings.
When you are in the infrared sauna, you will need somewhere to sit. As you are going to be spending some time in the sauna, enclosures come with a folding seat, fixed seat or even a longer bench if the sauna is large enough for more than one person.
When you get an infrared sauna, there are often additional features that come with it to further enhance your experience. Depending on how much the sauna costs and how luxurious it is, you may find one or even all of these features.
- Chromatherapy lights – these come in a variety of colors and some are even color changing. Whilst some infrared saunas come with them integrated into the design, others simply give you the option to install a Chromatherapy light system if you wish.
- Additional Lighting – Infrared saunas can often be quite dimly lit, so if you need a little extra light, you should choose one with additional lighting. This can be activated whenever you need it, so you could simply use it for getting in and out of the sauna, or have it on all the time if you wish.
- Speakers – For the clearest sound when you are listening to your favorite music in the infrared sauna, many sauna enclosures come with integrated speakers that are high quality to offer great sound.
- FM Radio – When you are spending time in the same place, you need something to do that’s entertaining. Many people like to listen to the radio when they are relaxing, so you could choose a sauna that has an inbuilt radio.
- CD or MP3 player – If you want to listen to your favorite playlist when you are in the sauna, you can do if you choose a sauna that comes with an AUX input jack or a CD Player. Most modern saunas come with at least an AUX connection so that you can connect your MP3 player.
When you buy an infrared sauna, there is no question that you will want it to last for a very long time. Saunas are not cheap and being able to make it last for as long as possible will mean that you won’t need to worry about the expense of replacing it too soon.
Manufacturer’s warranties ensure that you can have complete peace of mind when you purchase your sauna and depending on the manufacturer, you can enjoy different levels of warranty.
The enclosure is usually insured for the longest time. Normally, you will find that the enclosure is made from high-quality wood and due to the high temperature of the sauna, the warranty ensures that the enclosure will be replaced if it can’t withstand the heat due to the manufacturer’s faults.
The sauna internal workings are usually covered by the same length warranty as to the enclosure, or sometimes a little shorter.
You will usually be offered a short warranty on other accessories, such as the lighting or the radio.
Infrared Sauna Benefits and Drawbacks
When you buy an infrared sauna, you’ll be able to enjoy far more than simple relaxation. There are plenty of benefits of installing an infrared sauna in your home.
- The heat in the infrared sauna is great for ensuring that your body can become as clean as possible. By opening up your pores dirt is able to be cleaned from deeper in your skin, leaving it feeling smooth, soft and even looking better.
- You can also enjoy better blood circulation and heart function because the higher temperature forces your heart to work a little harder to cool down your body.
- By improving the flow of oxygen to joints, infrared saunas can reduce the pain felt following sports injuries, which can help you to recover more quickly from joint pains.
- You can save space in your bathroom. Unlike steam saunas, you can install infrared saunas anywhere in your home as long as there is an electrical supply available. You could even install an infrared sauna on a carpeted floor if you wish.
- Infrared saunas do not take a long time to heat up. You can simply turn them on when you get in or a couple of minutes in advance, and experience heat almost instantly. Steam saunas, on the other hand, require a long amount of time beforehand to heat up sufficiently for use.
- You can get plenty of added extras with infrared saunas. If you want to listen to your favorite music whilst you are relaxing, plenty of them come with radios, AUX ports, and CD players. High-quality speakers are built into the enclosure of these saunas. You can also relax with Chromatherapy lights and choose additional lighting if you want to ensure that you’ll be able to see clearly whilst you are getting in and out of the sauna.
Although there are plenty of benefits that come with infrared saunas, there are a few drawbacks that you should consider when you are thinking about buying one for your home.
- Infrared saunas are quite expensive in comparison to other appliances and pieces of furniture in your home. Whilst they mostly come as a complete kit with the enclosure and any features so that you don’t need to buy additional items, you should try to gather as high a budget as possible to get the best one for your needs.
- If you have never owned a sauna of any kind before, you should consider the extra energy bills that you will have. To produce the heat, the infrared panels require a large amount of energy to run and if you choose a larger sauna, you should expect to use even more energy.
- Sitting in an infrared sauna can be dangerous unless you drink plenty of water. You can become dehydrated quickly and even experience overheating symptoms if you use the sauna for too long.
- You should avoid using an infrared sauna if you have certain conditions, or at least talk to your doctor first. Pregnant women should never use a sauna and you should also be wary if you are on any medication.
Infrared Sauna Installation
When you receive your sauna, you should check it over to make sure that there is no damage to any of the parts. You should also ensure that everything is included in the packaging.
Read the instructions carefully. These should be supplied with the infrared sauna and will be specific to the particular model that you have purchased.
When you get your sauna, you should check that the plug that comes fitted to the sauna matched the kind of sockets that you have in your home. You should also ensure that the requirements for the electrical supply meet the electricity specification in your home. If you are unsure, you should contact an electrician. You should ensure that the cord from the infrared sauna would be long enough to reach the socket depending on how close you are planning on installing it to the electrical point. You may need to install a power outlet if there is not one that is suitable.
You should put the sauna together if you are confident about following the instructions. You will need to follow the manual carefully and take your time.
Now, you will need to ensure that there is no dirt or dust left in the sauna. Of course, you’ll want to get into a clean sauna, so make sure that you clean it with a damp cloth. You should begin with the inside and work your way to the outside.
Once you’re ready to test out the sauna, you should check each element separately. The control panel, lights, heating panels, timer, and any entertainment system should all be systematically checked to ensure that it is all running correctly.
Now, you should remember to air out your sauna. Leave the door open a little for a few days. This will give the sauna a chance to lose a little of the new smell, which can sometimes give a chemical scented smell which isn’t entirely pleasant.
Best Infrared Sauna Comparison Chart
|JNH Lifestyles ENSI Collection Infrared Sauna||$$||39.5 x 47.3 x 75 inches||462 pounds||2 Person|
|BetterLife Carbon Infrared Sauna||$$$||39 x 36 x 77 inches||280 pounds||1-2 Person|
|JNH Lifestyles Joyous Carbon Fiber Heaters||$$||59 x 39.5 x 75 inches||330 pounds||3 Person|
|Hemlock Deluxe Infrared Sauna||$$||49 x 39 x 75 inches||354 pounds||2 Person|
|Lifesmart Infra Color Ultimate Sauna||$$$||47 x 39 x 75 inches||273 lb||2 Person|
As you can tell from these reviews and the buying guide, there are plenty of great reasons why you should choose an infrared sauna for your home. With so many sizes to choose from, you could choose a single person sauna or a group sauna if installing in a commercial setting. There are also plenty of additional features that usually come with saunas to give you an even more enjoyable experience, for example, mood lighting and speakers. Alternatively, if you don’t decide to purchase an infrared sauna, you can check our best Bluetooth shower speaker list!
Infrared saunas are expensive appliances to purchase, so you should be sure to research any potential saunas before you make your decision. Deciding that you should have chosen a different one in a couple of years’ time could end up becoming a costly replacement. If you’re struggling to find the best infrared sauna for yourself, keep referring back to the Beyond Shower’s buying guide and infrared sauna reviews for some helpful things to think about when you’re making your decision.