- Best Shower Curtain Liners Comparison Chart
- Best Shower Curtain Liners (Updated List)
- 1. Strongest Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner Clear
- 2. Hookless Snap-In Fabric Liner
- 3. Inter-Design Mildew-Free PEVA 3 Gauge Shower Liner
- 4. LiBa Mildew Resistant PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner
- 5. Epica Strongest Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner
- 6. Maytex Shower Curtain Liner with Rustproof
- 7. Inter_Design Shower Liner
- 8. Croscill Fabric Shower Curtain Liner
- 9. Premium Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner Clear
- 10. M-Design PEVA 3G Shower Curtain Liner
- A Complete Guide to Buying an Ideal Shower Curtain Liner
- Difference Between Shower Curtains and Curtain Liners
- Cleaning and Maintenance of Curtain Liners:
- Wrap Up
Who does not like to take a bath in a beautifully decked up bathroom? Shower curtain liners are something worthy of your every single penny. They do not let the water spill on the floor after a bath and also protect the shower curtain from being hit by mold, mildew, and bacteria. In short, making bathing a different experience for you. However, searching for the best shower curtain liners could be a huge task. Since they are available with lots of different features that make the shopping difficult and sometimes confusing.
Some liners are waterproof making sure that water does not stand on the liner’s surface and do not leave salty watermarks on it. They are also available in different materials and sizes. But whatever the confusion is, one thing is clear that the liners are a great value for your money spent on it. So, how should you decide? Well, here is a compilation of the top-rated liners for you to make the right choice.
Best Shower Curtain Liners Comparison Chart
Strongest Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner Clear
|View On Amazon|
Hookless Snap-In Fabric Liner
|View On Amazon|
Inter-Design Mildew-Free PEVA 3 Gauge Shower Liner
|View On Amazon|
LiBa Mildew Resistant PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner
|View On Amazon|
Epica Strongest Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner
|View On Amazon|
Maytex Shower Curtain Liner with Rustproof
|View On Amazon|
Inter_Design Shower Liner
|View On Amazon|
Best Shower Curtain Liners (Updated List)
1. Strongest Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner Clear
One of the must-have for your toilet, this curtain liner is very much strong and durable because of its superior quality. It makes it stand tall at all aspects which one ponders upon while buying a shower curtain. It not only keeps mold and mildew away from your bathroom but also makes sure that it never comes again too for a longer period of time.
When a normal shower curtain keeps those bacteria and other harmful germs away from your shower area for only a few months, this shower curtain liner, being durable defends the same for at least 2 years. It stays vertically down (as it is) by default heavy and thick than normal liners, which require magnets to stay in the desired position. One thing you can do is to use this curtain liner even without an actual shower curtain and it will look great also.
2. Hookless Snap-In Fabric Liner
Made up of 100% polyester, this fabric liner is a great snap-in alternative for the shower curtains of your bathroom that has a window. Polyester imparts it a great look and an unmatchable strength, which makes it different from the other ordinary fabric liners by a huge margin. Though the size of this liner is 70 × 54 inches, it can be well fitted with shower curtains of dimensions 71 × 74 inches.
To make it easy to operate, these are provided with flex-on rings so that it is always easy for everyone in your home to use it. Available in white color, one may doubt that it may get stained or dirty within no time that will be a lot noticeable because of its white color. But, this fabric liner is machine washable so that you can maintain it like a newly bought one. One may find it useful to leave the curtain open at the ends of the shower tub to make the passage of air easier so that it arises no chances of growth of mold and mildew.
3. Inter-Design Mildew-Free PEVA 3 Gauge Shower Liner
When most of the shower liners are made up of harmful toxic substances, this shower liner is PVC free which makes sure that no bad aroma comes out of it. This may prove uncomfortable sometimes to the one in the bathroom. Buying this shower liner is an eco-friendly option for others as it is made from PEVA that makes it biodegradable. Having PEVA as its constituent, this shower liner is, as a result, lightweight and easy to clean. These features take care of the fact that you do not need to spend much of your time on its cleaning and maintenance.
The magnets at its bottom ensure the correct positioning of the shower liner and provide it the necessary weight to do so. Its dimensions of 72 × 72 inches make it perfect for use with the standard-sized shower curtains. Available in different colors, these shower liners can be used at different places like hotels, homes and much more.
4. LiBa Mildew Resistant PEVA 8G Shower Curtain Liner
It is made up of 100% PEVA which indicates that it is free from any harmful chemicals which may prove dangerous for your hygiene. Many toxic chemicals are used nowadays to make shower curtain liners cheaper, which as a result emits out harmful gases in the air that can last for a month even. It is completely free from the use of any such toxic substance during its manufacturing and is thus eco-friendly.
It is available in a size that takes care of the fact that it fits any shower of standard size and works well with any shower rods, whether curved or straight. The heavy magnets at the base of the shower liner ensure that it remains in the desired position and does not let the water come out when you are taking a bath. Easy to maintain, this curtain liner can be cleaned and wiped off easily in no time.
5. Epica Strongest Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner
Available in clear color and at a cost which is totally worth it, this shower comes in dimensions of 11.9 × 9.2 × 0.8 inches which makes it a well fit for use with any shower or tub of standard size. Where most of the shower curtains in the market are made up of ordinary plastic, its fine material leads to more strength and durability. Owing to that modern and classic look, it is a must-have for your bathroom.
It does not rip or get torn off because of its ultimate quality. Ordinary liners are a breeding hotspot for mold and mildew but these imported liners resist the growth of such harmful bacteria and microbial for a much longer time. So now allergy sufferers can take a bath when they are at your home with no worries. The problem which people come across is its short length, shorter than actually determined on the pack and a mild chemical odor.
6. Maytex Shower Curtain Liner with Rustproof
This 100% vinyl curtain liner is a better choice than most of the old conventional ones due to its unique features. It is available in dimensions of 72 × 72 inches which fit well to the shower of standard size. It is made super heavy so that it will be in the right position every time in which even air cannot come in while you are taking a bath.
Unlike other liners, it is completely immune to bacteria and mold to grow on its surface and therefore your health would not get affected anyhow because of these germs. The metal grommets employed are guaranteed rustproof leading to its long life. The mesh header in this curtain liner is reinforced such that there is no chance of rings being torn off in any case. Not only this, but it is also draft resistant which makes the liner close to the tub walls.
7. Inter_Design Shower Liner
Though available in different colors, this crystal clear shower liner is heavyweight and its dimensions of 72 × 72 inches seem to be accurate considering the size of tub or shower. It is a liner that does not need an enormous amount of time to be taken care of. What you have to do is to clean it with a damp cloth and you get a liner as new as day one. Its simple outlook makes it ideal for use with any shower curtain, as it will look good with any of them.
Its waterproof feature does not let water stand on its surface for even a while and mold and mildew do not grow on it. It is easy to wipe out water off its surface in one go and easy to clean. Some of the negative points are its less effective magnets and its somewhat shorter length.
8. Croscill Fabric Shower Curtain Liner
This white colored shower curtain liner is made up of 100% polyester is the reason behind its unmatchable strength. It’s surface, being waterproof does not let dull its beauty because of watermarks as water does not reside on its surface for long. Available in dimensions of 70 × 72 inches, it fits well with the tub of standard dimensions. It is very easy to maintain and clean as new as ever.
Water does not stand and gives no space to let mold and mildew breed on its surface. It is machine washable so that you can keep it new and stain-free. Metal grommets are given to provide it the required stability. You can keep it open at both ends between two uses so that it can dry on its own completely. This shower curtain liner is totally worth your money but counting the cons; mildew growth and rust are the main problems that are encountered.
9. Premium Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain Liner Clear
Packed with a number of features that make it an ideal pick up for you, this shower curtain liner comes at an affordable cost with a lot of user-friendly features. 72 inches (in width) to 72 inches in length are its dimensions and its well fit will add to its grace. This liner is guaranteed to be 100% waterproof, meaning it performs the function very well and that is what it is meant for. Thus, it keeps the whole area clean and dry saving your time and energy.
Its unique plastic with its finely crafted border edges and nylon mesh header makes sure that it does not shatter or rip off unnecessarily. To be sure of everything, this curtain liner has been provided with rustproof metal that does not let the curtain from ripping around the upper rings. It is always recommended to let it open and stand out to dry for its longer life and great performance.
10. M-Design PEVA 3G Shower Curtain Liner
Comes with a whole bunch of user-friendly features that are needed to reach out to your bathroom, this curtain liner by MetroDecor is available at an affordable cost. It comes as a pack of two clear curtain liners that are crafted to complement your shower area. One of the distinguishing features is that it is not made up of any toxic substances. This leads to an absence of any unpleasant odor that is found in other curtain liners which generally proves uncomfortable for you while taking a bath.
Being chlorine-free, it is completely immune to mold and mildew leading to a longer life of the product. Not only this, but it also adds to your personal hygiene and keeps your bathroom area safe to use. A fixed number of magnets are employed at the base of the shower to not only provide the required weight but also make it stable so that it always remains in the correct position.
A Complete Guide to Buying an Ideal Shower Curtain Liner
Your shower curtain liner should be second to none and that is why you must ponder upon some features while looking for a shower curtain liner.
- Curtain liners come in different sizes: There are various sizes of which shower curtains are available in the market. There are some standard shower curtain sizes readily offered. You must choose the right one before buying it as which size will fit your freestanding tub or shower completely so that no water goes out of the area. Choosing the right size matters a lot like a shorter or a longer curtain liner can be a total waste of the money. Generally, these are available in dimensions of 70 by 72 inches. Longer liners are available in the sizes of 72 by 84 and 70 by 84 inches.
- Magnets at its base: Shower curtain liners with magnets at its base do not let water to spill outside. These magnets provide the necessary weight to keep the liner always in a stable position. Thus liners with hems weighed with effective magnets ensure that air does not come in while you are taking a bath.
- Liners are made up of different materials: Tired of using only the vinyl curtain liner? Then, you must look upon the polyester and nylon versions of it as well. There are varieties of materials from which liners are made nowadays which find their applications in different places. Vinyl curtain liners are very easy to clean. What you have to do is to use a damp cloth and it is cleaned as new again. Though they look less stunning than the polyester ones they are known for not sticking to any side of the tub. Fabric liners are also available for which their look is the main attractive factor.
- Presence of suction cups: It is quite obvious that the presence of suction cups at the base affects liners’ performance by a great amount. It will help the liner stay connected to the tub so that your floor can be protected from being wet. Wet floors can be slip hazards, after all. Another way of keeping your bathroom floor dry is by installing frameless sliding shower doors.
- Availability of various colors: Gone are the days of only white or clear shower liners as now you can buy liners in a whole range of vivid colors and designs which complement your bathroom. Though white or clear are the themes which are evergreen and suit with any type of shower curtains but you can make beautiful combinations of liners with shower curtains by adopting the new designs and patterns in liners. These can be complementary or neutral.
- Waterproof: Using a curtain liner automatically means that it needs to be waterproof. It should be such that water does not stand on its surface for long. It not only makes it easy to clean but also prevents harmful bacteria to grow on its surface.
- Mold and mildew resistant: This feature does not let mold and mildew to breed on its surface, thus it completely takes care of your personal hygiene and also leads to a longer life curtain.
- Additional features: You can keep the design of your bathroom simply by keeping one-liner in place of a pack of the liner with the shower curtain. Some curtain liners perform the function of a shower curtain well and you do not need to buy another curtain liner unless it is not a transparent liner.
- Grommets for longer life: Undoubtedly, the liners will be opened and closed a thousand times all over its life. At this time, grommets along the header side take care that the liner would not rip off the rings. Thus it is made sure that such liners will perform its function in your bathroom for a period much longer than ordinary ones.
Difference Between Shower Curtains and Curtain Liners
A focal point of your bathroom, shower curtains define the look of your bathrooms. Apart from setting out privacy for you, it also makes your bathroom look rich and elegant. Shower curtains are available in different materials. It depends on your needs and budget which material will suit you the most. Predominantly, fabric shower curtains are the most widely used. Some types are:
- Fabric shower curtains: Many shower curtains are made up of different fabrics and cloth that give them a distinguished look than the ordinary ones. The fabric may be man-made, natural or synthetic. There are various textiles from which they are being made. Different types of fabric shower curtains include denim, satin, polyester, silk, linen, cotton, and hemp shower curtains. Choosing the right type of fabric is very important and you have to look at a range of factors while making a choice.
Pros of using fabric shower curtains:
- They give a stunning look and make your bathroom look more luxurious and rich than those ordinary plastic shower curtains.
- Available in many sizes, designs, and colors, these curtains can be easily matched with your bathroom’s decor.
- Cleaning and maintenance are quite easy in these curtains. Most of them can be washed in a washing machine with no damage to their color and quality.
Cons of using fabric shower curtains:
- They are a bit expensive than the plastic curtains.
- Other than polyester curtains, they need machine washing way too often.
- They are a better breeding ground for fungi and bacteria as they are more prone to retain moisture from the air.
- They are mold and mildew attracting which may sometimes affect their lives.
- If liners are not used, then stains may get formed due to hard water.
Shower curtains too are made up of different materials, which include plastic, and vinyl as the most used ones. Generally, the traditional liners are made from certain chemicals to add some features into it that makes them toxic and harmful to health in many ways. So, as a solution, different types of vinyl liners are available like EVA or PEVA. Types of shower curtain liners include organic hemp, EVA, PEVA, nylon, and polyester.
- Plastic and vinyl shower curtain liners: Liners made from plastic are quite cheap but are not beautiful enough as compared to fabric liners. Vinyl liners come up with various biodegradable options over other toxic ones.
- Why use plastic or vinyl shower curtain liners?
- It can be washed very easily as the quality of fabric liners may get affected by a wash but such a problem cannot be encountered while using plastic or vinyl liners. Most of them are machine washable.
- They can be cleaned with a sponge and an ordinary cleaner to give it a new look.
- You do not need to worry if the color or print will fade like in fabric liners. They are much durable and long-lasting.
- These curtains are quite cheaper than their fabric counterparts. They come in a good range of colors which will give you a lot of options to choose from and decide well which color will look best with your bathroom’s decor, even with your most quiet bathroom exhaust fan.
- Many new vinyl liners are biodegradable and do not cause any ill effects on the environment when disposed of.
- Why fabrics shower curtain liners?
- Fabrics like polyester or cotton can be washed easily by hand or with a machine.
- These impart a luxurious look to your bathroom and appear more natural and classic.
- Fabric liners like polyester or nylon are very lightweight and so can be stored and maintained very easily.
- These can be made waterproof artificially at an affordable cost.
Cleaning and Maintenance of Curtain Liners:
It is always advisable to take a waterproof liner which does not let water retain for a long time which may otherwise cause marks on its surface. It is very difficult to clean. Cleaning bathrooms generally take a lot of time and energy that is not at all right seeing everyone’s tight schedule. But using the right tool for its cleaning matters a lot as you need to understand there are different tools for cleaning of curtain liners made from different materials which are:
- PEVA: They can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth or a sponge. Most of them are machine washable nowadays so bring it home today.
- Vinyl: You must not wash it in a machine but you do not need to worry at all. It can be cleaned with a damp rug very effectively saving your time.
- Synthetic Fibres: If washed from time to time, they can be maintained easily. There are also some machine washable models available in the market. But you must leave such a liner to open so that it may dry on its own.
We are hopeful that you can now make a good choice while searching for the best shower curtain liner after going through various features to look while buying one. These curtain liners perform the function of keeping your floor area dry very well but it also makes your bathroom area look more gorgeous. It is not just about the features only, but you must also look at your budget before reaching it to a final decision. If properly bought, then it can save your money as well. There are certain curtain liners available which perform the functions of a shower curtain very well and you do not need to buy a separate shower curtain for your bathroom.