- Best Kids Shower Head – Top Picks
- 1. Funwares Wash n’ Roar T-Rex Shower Head
- 2. Yookidoo Baby Bath Shower Head
- 3. LITTLE BESSN Baby Bath Toy Shampoo Rinser
- 4. KAIYING Children’s Handheld Shower Head
- 5. Waterpik KSH-306T Safari Spray Elephant Flexible Kids Shower Head
- 6. Skip Hop Moby & Friends Showerhead for Kids
- 7. Rinse Ace 3901 My Own Shower Children’s Showerhead
- How to Bathe a Child/Toddler?
- Who Needs a Kids Shower Head?
- Signs That You Need a Kids Shower Head
- How Does a Kids Shower Head Work?
- Types of Shower Heads for Kids
- Benefits of a Kids Shower Head
- Features to Look for When Choosing a Kids Shower Heads
- Safety Tips for Installing and Using a Kids Shower Heads
- FAQ About Kids Shower Heads
- Best Kids Shower Head Comparison Chart
- Wrap up
Does your child scream bloody murder when you say it’s time for a shower? Is your kid terrified from the water or just doesn’t stand still while you’re trying to bathe it? Well, there’s a way you can fix these behaviors. Introducing the kids’ showerheads.
We understand that as a parent, you want the best kids shower head for your little ones.
We tried some of the products out there and prepared a list of kid’s shower head reviews for your convenience.
These products have kid-friendly designs, such as animals, flowers, or famous cartoons, making them look like toys. At the same time, they are functional showerheads, and you can use them for bathing your kid while they are engaged with the toy.
There many products on the market, ranging from baby showerheads to toddlers, and older kids.
Funwares Wash n’ Roar T-Rex Shower Head
|View On Amazon|
Yookidoo Baby Bath Shower Head
|View On Amazon|
LITTLE BESSN Baby Bath Toy Shampoo Rinser
|View On Amazon|
KAIYING Children’s Handheld Shower Head
|View On Amazon|
Waterpik KSH-306T Safari Spray Elephant Flexible Kids Shower Head
|View On Amazon|
Skip Hop Moby & Friends Showerhead for Kids
|View On Amazon|
Rinse Ace 3901 My Own Shower Children’s Showerhead
|View On Amazon|
Best Kids Shower Head – Top Picks
You have a shower head that fits your showering preference. Give the same to your child.
1. Funwares Wash n’ Roar T-Rex Shower Head
This is the Funwares T-Rex Shower Head, and it’s a shower head for older kids. The design of the head is super attractive for kids who are interested in dinosaurs. The unit is water-efficient and doesn’t waste water except for making kids take longer showers.
It’s made from sturdy BPA-free plastic. It is a small shower head but it doesn’t have an impact on the pressure when showering. The stream pattern of the head is narrower than a standard one. It also has bigger holes, but for kids, it’s okay.
All you need to install it is some Teflon tape and a standard wrench. The installation can be done in under 10 minutes. You won’t have a hard time convincing your child to take a shower anymore.
- This shower head fits all standard US showerheads.
- Suitable for a handheld and fixed shower.
- The unit is a water-saving showerhead, complies with the standard 1.8 GPM.
- It’s an excellent shower head and kids love it and don’t mind taking a shower.
- The head isn’t adjustable, but it can be fixed if you purchase an additional swivel adapter.
2. Yookidoo Baby Bath Shower Head
The Yookidoo Baby Bath Shower Head is shaped like an elephant, which is attractive to newborns, infants, and toddlers. The shower head is suitable for bathing babies in a tub or a sink. All you need to do is to insert the batteries and submerge the elephant 4 inches in the water.
This is a portable bath shower head with two knobs to pause and control the water flow. The spray pattern and pressure are nice and gentle for babies. This shower spray is definitely better than other means of washing your child. The elephant could be heavier so it won’t float and disrupt the water flow.
This showerhead uses the water from the bathtub. This means it’s always the ideal temperature. The elephant head should be cleaned once in a while on the inside with white vinegar to keep it hygienic and safe for children.
- This shower toy has nice and gentle water spray, perfect for a newborn baby.
- The pressure is good enough to rinse soap and shampoo.
- The design is pleasing and exciting to infants and toddlers, makes showering them effortlessly.
- When you take the showerhead out of the water, and the air gets inside, it stops working for a while until the air gets out.
- The hose is too short at 2 -2.5 ft. It could have been longer for more maneuverability.
3. LITTLE BESSN Baby Bath Toy Shampoo Rinser
The LITTLE BESSN Baby Bath Toy Shampoo Rinser has a cute design, and best of all, smooth edges that do not pose any danger to a child. It is made from durable and crash-proof BPA-free plastic, guaranteed to last you a long time.
This isn’t a product that a child can use to shower on their own. It is well designed and doesn’t scare the children. The unit is most suitable for rinsing babies. Toddlers may find it easy to play with but not to rinse themselves.
It’s an affordable product and will help with giving your baby a shower, but it may not be the most convenient way. It’s not an automatic shower, and you will have to use your hands to make the shower work. It might not be the ideal product for you if you need your hands free to wash and hold the baby.
- Gentle water flow, ideal for rinsing and keeping the child warm.
- It’s offered in two animal types and two colors.
- Infants and toddlers can’t play with it – it’s too big for their hands.
- You cannot open it and clean it.
4. KAIYING Children’s Handheld Shower Head
The KAIYING Children’s Handheld Shower Head comes in a variety of designs, and you can choose an animal that your child will like. The showerhead itself is made from food-grade BPA-free plastic and is sturdy and durable.
If you want to control the pressure, you need to buy a separate valve. This showerhead can spray water almost across the bathroom if the water pressure in your home is strong. It does not have an on/off switch on the showerhead. You do it through the bathtub/shower faucet, which isn’t that convenient if you bathe a baby in a basin.
The showerhead can be put on any handle if it’s the right size. If they don’t match, you can use the suction cups, and adjust the height according to your child. It’s an affordable option but might be more suitable for toddlers than babies.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee meaning you can return it for any reason if you don’t like it. You’ll get a replacement or a full refund.
- It’s easy to use by a toddler, and it can help make them more independent when showering.
- Easy to install next to your shower head, not as a replacement.
- You cannot adjust the angle of the showerhead.
- You need to buy an additional diverter if you want to use two shower heads at the same time.
5. Waterpik KSH-306T Safari Spray Elephant Flexible Kids Shower Head
The KSH-306T Safari Spray Elephant Flexible Kids Shower Head from Waterpik has an adorable design and is incredibly easy to install and set up. The hose is adjustable and stays just as you put it. You can adjust it as your child grows up, and you can use it for years.
The showerhead doesn’t reduce the water pressure. If the pressure in your home is high, you may want to get a valve to reduce it as it may be too strong for a child.
All you need to install the product is some Teflon tape. Do not overtighten the shower head because it is made of plastic and might break. It is only suitable for fixed showers. If you have a separate bathroom for the kids, this shower head is a good investment. If you have one bathroom, it might not be the best option. The spray is suitable for adults too, but it is a kid’s showerhead after all.
- This showerhead has three spray settings, which is great if multiple people and kids will use it.
- The attractive design makes it appealing to kids and helps make them more independent in the shower.
- Not easily adjustable by kids. A grown-up needs to adjust the shower.
6. Skip Hop Moby & Friends Showerhead for Kids
The Skip Hop Moby & Friends Showerhead for Kids is a convenient option to have for your child’s shower time. It’s easily installed on your shower arm and allows you to use both showerheads. It’s a budget-friendly addition to your bathroom, especially if you share it with the kids.
The package includes a diverter and a hanger for the star shower head. The water flow is gentle, and it’s good enough for bathing a baby or a toddler. The design of this shower head is cute and simple and doesn’t frighten children but makes showering interesting to them.
Since the hose is plastic, it’s more prone to breaking due to high pressure or due to twisting. Furthermore, you must drain the head completely when you’re done showering because it might not drain on its own and after a while, it can get mold.
- The hose is long enough to be easily used for bathing a child in a tub, in the shower, or a basin.
- Easy installation and easy to switch from one shower head to the other.
- Has an on/off switch.
- It comes with a diverter and a hanger for the star shower head.
- The hose is made from plastic instead of rubber, which is more convenient.
7. Rinse Ace 3901 My Own Shower Children’s Showerhead
The Rinse Ace 3901 My Own Shower Children’s Showerhead is a cute and functional shower head that can make a child’s shower time more enjoyable. It’s super easy to install and anyone can do it in five minutes.
This product has a diverter that switches from one to the other showerhead, but it doesn’t allow using both simultaneously. It is not suitable only for a tub faucet.
You may need to purchase additional and better suction cups, as the one that comes with the showerhead isn’t the best quality. The hose should be longer to make the product more suitable for shorter and/or younger children.
Overall it’s a good product if you have a shared bathroom because you can have a child’s showerhead and a grown-up one.
- It comes with plumbers tape included in the package.
- The design is good as it hooks up to an existing adult shower head.
- The showerhead can be used on a shower/tub combination.
- This showerhead cannot be used on the bathtub faucet. It has to be attached to a showerhead.
- It is only 3 feet and a bit stiff.
How to Bathe a Child/Toddler?
When you have a baby or a toddler, you are in charge of their shower time routine. The first rule, when bathing a toddler or teaching them to be more independent, is never to leave them alone and unsupervised.
The most important tool you’ll need is patience. After that, comes the vessel in which you’re going to bathe the kid unless you bathe them standing in the shower. The third most important tool for showering a toddler is the showerhead.
As a parent, it’s your responsibility to have a shower routine for your child and make the shower time fun and safe. Sometimes these things are hard to do all at once, but we’re here to help.
When you bathe a baby or a toddler, it’s essential to make sure they aren’t afraid of the water or the shower. This can be achieved by using a kid’s shower head to keep them entertained.
There are different types of showerheads for kids, which we will discuss further down the article, so keep reading. Some are more suitable and convenient for washing babies, while others are suitable for toddlers and kids who are learning to bathe themselves.
What you can do to bathe a baby or a toddler safely:
- Before you start, prepare everything you need, like towels, soap, shampoo, toys. During the shower time keep everything at an arm’s reach.
- The ideal water temperature should be between 95– 100 degrees.
- Only fill the tub/basin at 1/3 or to your toddler’s belly button.
- Try the water on your hand before letting your child in it.
- Stop the water from running.
- Make the tub or basin not slippery by adding a towel or a cushioning of some sort to protect your child.
If your child is older than a toddler, like four or five years old, you can get in the shower with them. Kids learn best by observing your actions and imitating you.
If you’re teaching your toddler to bathe in the shower, you can install handles or buy your child anti-slippery bathroom slippers. We, at BeyondShower, publish reviews and guides on various shower products and accessories, which you can check out for additional information on how to make your bathroom the best it can be.
As hygiene is extremely important, please check out our list of best shower cleaners, too.
Who Needs a Kids Shower Head?
Most kids, regardless of how old they are, do not particularly enjoy shower time. If you’re struggling with making your kids shower, you may want to consider purchasing a kids shower head. Such products are designed to entertain kids and hold their attention when taking a shower.
A child-size shower head can make shower time enjoyable for your child, and they won’t hate it anymore. If your child seems frightened by your regular shower head, you can easily find one that has a popular cartoon face, like Mickey Mouse, or any other. Some are just shaped like flowers or animals.
Your regular shower head can also have too strong of a water pressure which isn’t child-friendly. Child and baby shower heads aren’t heavy on the family budget but can give your child a more pleasing shower time.
Signs That You Need a Kids Shower Head
If you’re wondering if you should get such a product for your home or not, here are some reasons why you should:
- Your child doesn’t want to take a bath.
- Your child is afraid of the water or your shower or showerhead.
- Your bathroom and shower aren’t the most convenient and efficient for bathing babies or small children.
For some kids, the experience of having a shower can be traumatizing, and you have to be cautious. A kid shower head can make a huge difference. They look like one of their toys but also spray water on them making showering not scary anymore.
How Does a Kids Shower Head Work?
Kid shower heads are made to be placed at a convenient height for your child, much lower than a regular shower head. They are made with a kid-friendly design and quickly become one of your child’s favorite toys. The designs make the shower heads a less scary place for your child. Kids’ showerheads create a combination of playtime and shower time.
The products are designed to have softer water pressure. Thus they aren’t too hard on your child but have a pleasant flow to provide enough water for good showering and rinsing. Since there are different models of showerheads for babies and toddlers, their installation and work are different.
Some showerheads are made to use in a tub, and your kid can play with them while taking their bath. Others are handheld showerheads for babies. Such products make it easy for the parents to use while being pleasing to look at for the baby. Then there are adjustable height shower heads that are attached to your standard shower faucet for older children to enjoy and use.
Types of Shower Heads for Kids
- Battery-operated shower heads are used in tubs or basins. They have a pump that you submerge in the water, and the showerhead itself has suction cups that you stick to the wall or the tub. There’s a button that you press and the water starts flowing. Such products are water-saving because they use the already warm water from the tub to shower your child with and pour it back in. What is more, such shower heads are more suitable for babies, because they look more like toys and your baby can play with them while bathing them.
- Adjustable height shower head. They are mounted on your existing shower. Some models are attached with a diverter to the faucet while some go straight onto the showerhead. They have a hose on the other end of which is the kid shower head. Most often, the head has a suction cup, and you can adjust the height at which you put it based on your child’s height.
- Simple pour in and out showers. There are baby shower heads that you simply submerge in the tub or fill from the faucet and the water pours out immediately. These products are more suitable for babies as they provide very gentle water flow. No mounting or installation needed, but you need to use your hand to fill it and pour over the baby instead of the water running all the time.
- For older children, there are shower heads that are simply installed on a fixed shower arm. They aren’t adjustable but they compensate with great design and child-friendly water pressure.
Benefits of a Kids Shower Head
Honestly, we cannot think of or see any disadvantages to using a kid shower head. When you have the option to make your child love shower time, why wouldn’t you take it?
So here are some of the main benefits of using such product:
- They make showers fun for your kids. Adding a colorful and fun element to a showerhead calms children and provides them with a new toy for the bathroom.
- Kids’ showerheads make bathing easier for you, too. You don’t have to fight your child because they don’t want to get in the tub or shower. Your children aren’t traumatized and they don’t cry or scream.
- It’s the right size and height. A child-size shower head is convenient. A handheld showerhead for babies is easy for bathing a baby. An adjustable height shower head is great for kids from ages four and above. The shower heads for kids are installed at suitable for their height. Thus kids shower heads soften the water pressure and make it more comfortable.
- The products help to quickly introduce kids to showering when it’s time to learn to do it on their own. Kids’ shower heads are smaller, have child-friendly shapes, and are at the appropriate height. They give children the confidence that this is only for them and make showering fun, like a game. Plus, they make showering more comfortable.
Overall such a product will remove the stress from showering from you and your kid.
Features to Look for When Choosing a Kids Shower Heads
When you’re wondering which would be the best shower head for your home and your kid, here are some of the features to consider:
- Ease of use: We listed the types of showerheads above. If you have an infant or a baby to bathe, you can use a simple no-mount unit. Such models work by being submerged in water. They fill up with water and you lift them over your child’s head. Then the shower has to be submerged again to re-fill. If you want your hands to be free, you can get a battery-operated model. Some models can be stuck to the wall and be like a regular shower.
- Ease of installation: Will you need some additional tools for installation is something to check before purchasing. Some showerheads that are mounted to the main shower come with all parts necessary, including a diverter and a holder, but others don’t.
- Colors and design: Babies want and need something colorful that looks like a toy. On the other hand, toddlers and older kids want specific cartoon characters or animals. When you decide on the best type of shower for your child, let them choose the design.
- Materials: Most of the products are made from plastic and/or rubber. More often than not, the showerhead is made from plastic, and the hose is rubber. Still, that’s not always the case. Keep in mind that a rubber hose is more durable than a plastic one.
- Accessories: If it’s an adjustable shower head that you attach to your shower, it should come with some extra things. For instance, a diverter to help switch between the showers or a holder for the child’s adjustable height shower head.
- Warranty: Some manufacturers or sellers offer attractive warranties or return policies. It’s human to err, and anything can happen. You may spend money on a more expensive shower head and get a defective one. Having a return policy will be great in such cases.
Safety Tips for Installing and Using a Kids Shower Heads
When you get anything for your home, you want to make sure that it is as safe to use as possible. This is especially true if you have children who will be using the shower, as children have more sensitive skin than adults.
Because showerheads handle hot and cold water, it is possible for some showerheads to let out water that is too hot and this could result in the shower user being scalded. This is not only an unpleasant experience but it can also be dangerous. Whilst you could simply lower the thermostat on your water heater, some people prefer to use an anti-scald shower. These kinds of showers can cut off the water supply through the shower or simply reduce it to a trickle if it becomes too hot.
You could also install a thermostatic valve to your hot pipe near your shower. This would prevent water that is too hot from passing through the valve. This may be an alternative for someone who doesn’t want to replace their entire shower, but if your pipes are installed behind a tiled wall, this can be more trouble than it’s worth. If you would have to knock into your wall to install a valve on the pipe, you would probably be better off getting a new anti-scald shower instead.
Some showers also have a LED color change light built into the head. This light changes color to indicate when the water is too cold, too hot or ready to shower in.
If you make up your mind on getting a shower head that needs installation, you should know a couple of things for your child’s and your safety.
Generally, these products can be installed effortlessly. If you get a shower head that is for a fixed shower arm with no diverter, no hose, just the head, then it’s simple. Gather all the items needed to change the showerhead. Then you need to remove the existing showerhead and screw in the new head. Replace the old Teflon tape if there was any. Be careful not to overtighten the unit because the plastic might break.
There are shower heads that are mounted onto the existing shower and need a diverter to switch between the two. Their installation is also easy. You remove the current head, add the diverter, and put the showerhead back. Then on the other end, add the hose for the new unit.
After that, use the holder or suction cups to adjust the height of the unit according to your child’s height. If you think the suction cups won’t hold strong, get additional ones for more stability.
Again, try the water before letting your child under there. Give it a couple of minutes to see how the showerhead and water pressure will perform.
FAQ About Kids Shower Heads
Q: Can a kid shower head be used outdoors?
A: It depends on the type of showerhead. Those that work using water from a tub without being mounted on a wall can be used outdoors. All you need is a basin or a kid’s pool with water. For good outdoor showers, you can read our reviews on outdoor solar showers.
Q: If I get a mounted shower head for my kid, can we use both shower heads at once?
A: It depends on the model that you get. Some kids showerheads come with a diverter that allows for the simultaneous use of the shower heads, others do not.
Q: Can I control the water pressure of the head?
A: Some products offer different spray settings. However, if you need to control the pressure, you should get a special pressure valve.
Best Kids Shower Head Comparison Chart
|Funwares Wash n’ Roar T-Rex Shower Head||$$||6 x 4.6 x 3.5″||Gray||Suitable for a handheld and fixed shower – Made from sturdy BPA-free plastic|
|Yookidoo Baby Bath Shower Head||$$||13.8 x 3.9 x 3.9″||Blue||4 AA batteries required – Suits all types of baths|
|LITTLE BESSN Baby Bath Toy Shampoo Rinser||$||3.6 x 3.2 x 3.4″||Blue||Made from BPA-free plastic – Recommended for ages 18 months and up|
|KAIYING Children’s Handheld Shower Head||$$||9.5 x 5.4 x 3.2″||Green||Made from food-grade BPA-free plastic – Develops hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills|
|Waterpik KSH-306T Safari Spray Elephant Flexible Kids Shower Head||$$$||21 x 7 x 2″||Light Gray||Made from plastic – Has 3 spray settings|
|Skip Hop Moby & Friends Showerhead for Kids||$$||8 x 3 x 8.5″||Blue||Made from ABS – For Kids from 0-24 Months|
|Rinse Ace 3901 My Own Shower Children’s Showerhead||$$||8 x 5.8 x 4.5″||Blue||Has a diverter – Quick-connects easily to your existing showerhead|
Now you know a little bit more about kids showerheads in general and read our reviews. According to your child’s age, your bathroom size, and type, you can decide what kind of shower head you can get. If your child is old enough to speak and have their own thoughts on the matter, you can get them involved in the process of choosing a design.
Our kids’ shower head reviews aim to give objective opinions on the products. When it comes to children’s products, we understand that it’s important to get the best ones. Especially when it comes to getting your children used to showering. Something that in the future will be a part of their hygiene habits is essential and must be taken seriously.
Do you think you can find the best kids shower head now? Leave us a comment and tell us if we were able to help you with making a decision about which product to buy.